Classes at EDC include ballet technique, variations, pointe, modern, tap, jazz, acro, hip-hop, adult and pre-school. Each level has a syllabus that a student must master before moving to the next level. Each student is evaluated on a regular basis to ensure proper placement. Changes in a student’s class placement are made based on the recommendations of EDC Director and Faculty. Placement and advancement from one level to the next is based on the student’s accomplishments and ability, not simply on age or the number of years spent in study.
A student may register at any time throughout the school year. The registration process includes completion of the registration form online with parent/guardian signature and tuition for the first month. No registration fee is required.
The following are EDC's policies regarding Tuition for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Tuition may be paid in four, nonrefundable installments by the 1 st of each month with first payment required before the classes begin (unless taking a trial class).
- A 5 % discount will be applied for anyone choosing to pay tuition in full at the time of registration.
- If payment has not been received by the 10 th day of the month or the 10 th day from the beginning of a semester, a finance charge of 1.5% per month will be assessed as of the due date.
- Payments are only made online through a credit or debit card.
- Payment of tuition entitles students to take all the scheduled classes at their level, and no refunds are given for classes missed because of illness or vacation.
- Any student whose tuition is past due and who has not made arrangements for payment will only be allowed to observe class until the account is made current.
- Classes for EDC alumni are free.